Search This Blog

Monday, September 7, 2026

A RESET

 

I once had a silver steel watch that my Sister got for me.

From the very day she gave it to me, I noticed that the timing wasn’t working properly. It would stop repeatedly. I returned it to her and she had it worked on. It started working again, but after some time, it stopped once more.

Yet, I continued wearing the watch.

I would often tell myself that I would stop using it, but I didn’t. At that time, I didn’t have another watch to replace it with, so I simply continued wearing the one I had, even though I knew it wasn’t keeping time correctly.

After wearing that watch for a long time, I had a dream.

In the dream, I was in my room getting dressed. As I looked at myself, I noticed that I was wearing that same silver watch on my wrist.

I looked at it and wondered, “Why isn’t this watch working?”

Then I noticed another watch.

It was gold—beautiful, shiny, and working perfectly.

As I tried to put the gold watch on my wrist, it immediately seemed to glue itself to my hand. Then I felt something like an electric shock run through my body.

Suddenly, the electric wave stopped.

I looked at it again, and it was working perfectly.

I woke up with the picture of those two watches in my heart.

And I began to think about time and timing.

TIME AND TIMING

Time is a system God established to regulate the affairs of man on the earth.

Ecclesiastes 3:1 says:

“To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.”

God is a God of times and seasons.

There are things He has written concerning our lives that are connected to particular seasons. There are doors that require the right timing. There are assignments that require preparation. There are places we are meant to enter, things we are meant to build, people we are meant to encounter, and battles we are meant to fight, all within the framework of God's purposes and timing.

But sometimes, without realizing it, we can become stuck in a particular time.

We keep moving, but we are not progressing.

We keep trying, but nothing seems to shift.

We keep repeating the same patterns, making the same decisions, encountering the same limitations, and wondering why we cannot seem to move forward.

It is possible to be physically moving while spiritually remaining in the same place.

You can change locations and still remain in the same season.

You can grow older and still be operating with an old pattern.

You can have new opportunities and still carry an old mindset.

And sometimes, what we need is not simply another attempt.

What we need is a reset.

A reset is the process of returning a device, system, or setting to its original or intended state so that it can function properly again.

Spiritually, there are moments when God begins to call us back into alignment.

Back to prayer.

Back to obedience.

Back to His Word.

Back to His instructions.

Back to the place He originally assigned us.

Because sometimes, the issue is not that God has stopped moving. But we have continued to stay in a place God has asked us to move from.

And just like my silver watch, we know something is wrong, yet we continue wearing it because we have become accustomed to it.

We say, “At least I have a watch.”

But the question is not whether you have a watch.

The question is: Is it keeping time?

WHEN GOD BEGINS TO RESET YOU

When you begin to come into alignment with God, He begins to deal with the things that have kept you  in a season.

He begins to remove weights.

He begins to correct perspectives.

He begins to expose patterns.

He begins to change your strategies.

He begins to restore your sensitivity to His voice.

And as your alignment with Him becomes consistent, something begins to shift.

And what seemed like stagnation begins to give way to movement.

That is a reset. A reset does not necessarily mean God is giving you something new.

Sometimes, it is God, restoring you to the place where you can properly carry what He has already prepared for you.

David did not become king because he suddenly became someone else.

Joseph did not become governor because God abandoned the process.

Esther did not suddenly discover purpose on the day she became queen.

The reset begins with alignment.

  1. Prayer.
  2. The Word.
  3. Obedience.
  4. Fasting.
  5. Wisdom.
  6. Strategy.

And sensitivity to the Holy Spirit.

So, ask yourself:

What am I still wearing that God is asking me to remove?

What old system am I using to navigate a new season?

What has become familiar that God is calling me to release?

Where is God asking me to realign?

Most times the answer is not try harder but Look again, what do you see?


Stay Revived!


No comments:

Post a Comment

A RESET

  I once had a silver steel watch that my Sister got for me. From the very day she gave it to me, I noticed that the timing wasn’t working p...