1 Corinthians 7:29–30 (NLT)
“Now let me say this, dear brothers and sisters: The time that remains is very short, so husbands should not let marriage be their major concern. Happiness or sadness or wealth should not keep anyone from doing God’s work.”
Have you ever wanted a miracle from the Lord so deeply, only for Him to give you a prophetic word concerning it, and then you find yourself in a waiting season? Months turn into years, weeks turn into months, and yet you still haven’t seen the word manifest.
Along the way, a certain kind of doubt can begin to creep in. It may not necessarily be unbelief in God, but it can become something that keeps us from serving Him. It becomes the reason we begin to stray, to look elsewhere, to seek another truth, or even to desire something other than what God has spoken.
Yes, that can be part of the enemy’s strategy.
As long as he can keep us distracted, discouraged, disappointed, or consumed with what we are waiting for—anything that keeps us from serving the Lord—he is satisfied.
Financial struggles, childlessness, business challenges, health difficulties, and other painful circumstances can become mechanisms through which the enemy tries to attack our heart posture toward God.
As I read these words from Paul’s letter to the Corinthian Christians today, I understand more clearly that this is a warfare believers will continually face: the fight for our heart posture toward God.
Happiness or sadness or wealth should not keep anyone from doing God’s work.
Let nothing keep us from doing God’s work.
Even when our emotions become overwhelming, I have chosen to bring my weary heart back to the One who made me the promises and gave me His Word.
Can I share the words I have anchored my heart in over these past few weeks?
I choose to judge God faithful.
It might not look like what I desire. It might not happen according to my timeline. But God is good to me, and He always will be.
Dear friend, can you take a deep breath today and say these words to yourself?
“God is good to me, and He always will be.”
Anchor yourself in these words today.
Let go of whatever is competing for your heart, and hold on to the One thing that truly matters: God.
Stay Revived.

No comments:
Post a Comment