Search This Blog

Sunday, August 16, 2026

Bridle Your Tongue


James 1:26 (ESV)

“If anyone thinks he is religious and does not bridle his tongue but deceives his heart, this person's religion is worthless.”

Recently, I have found myself getting angry when things do not go the way I want. Then I began to use curse words: words I normally would not use. On one occasion, I was prompted to be mindful of my speech. Even as I tried to express myself, I raised my voice and eventually realized that I needed to stop talking.

Theremis needd for constraints in the way we speak. As Christians, we are called to represent Christ not only in how we interact with people, but also in how we respond to the world around us.

The fact is, people and situations will sometimes make us angry. Things will not always go the way we want. But even in those moments, we must learn to bridle our tongues.

Persistent and consistent use of swear words can condition our minds and influence us to think and behave in ways that are contrary to the character of Christ. We are Christians, we are called to be Christlike. Our faith is not merely something we profess; it is a life we practice, with the goal of becoming more like Christ in our character, behaviour, and speech.

So today, learn to bridle your tongue.

Today, I admonish you: Bridle your tongue. It is better to remain quiet than to speak out of anger and lose control of your words.


Stay revived!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bridle Your Tongue

James 1:26 (ESV) “If anyone thinks he is religious and does not bridle his tongue but deceives his heart, this person's reli...