Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 12, 2026

WE ARE CHILDREN OF FIRE

Today, I saw the Upper Room experience in a different light.

The disciples had received an instruction: wait. So they waited. They gathered in the Upper Room, praising and worshipping God.

But they didn't know that their sound was birthing something.

They didn't know that the Upper Room would become a place of forging—a womb of fire where they would be transformed.

And then the fire came.

Everything about them changed.

Their sound, expressions, the way they spoke, their convictions, the yes and the no they made , the way they presented their arguments, their boldness with which they stood for what they believed.

That one encounter.

That one flame that rested upon them.

That one experience became the fire that transformed their lives.

It is easy to speak in unknown tongues during a moment and sometimes exclaim in "tongues" during conversations.

But have you encountered the new fire?

The fire that burns on us and in us—not merely to destroy, but to purify.

The fire that transforms the very people who encounter it.

Today, my question isn't, “Who can stand against this fire?”

My question is:

Have I truly encountered this fire?

Have I allowed this fire to fuel my entirety?

Little wonder that when electrical devices function, they often produce heat. There is evidence that something is flowing through them.

So I ask myself:

Do I carry this heat?

Have I allowed every part of me to sink into this fire?

Not only to burn down demonic altars and patterns, but to fuel the things we sometimes consider too ordinary for God:

Our joy.

Our minds.

Our creativity.

Our choices.

Our relationships.

Our conversations.

Our work.

Even the little things we think God doesn't care about.

If demonic altars and strategies cannot stand against this fire, what about the subtle things that seek to pull us away from the love of Christ?

Today, I choose to present every part of me to the fire.

Let it burn.

Burn over me.

Burn within me.

Burn right down to the foundations of my life.

Until it can be said of me:

I was born from fire.

So I can become a person of fire.

Powered by fire.

The fire that has a name.

The Acts 2:3-4

NLT: Then, what looked like flames or tongues of fire appeared and settled on each of them. And everyone present was filled with the Holy Spirit and began speaking in other languages, as the Holy Spirit gave them this ability.

Will you choose to partner with this fire today?


Stay Revived!

No comments:

Post a Comment

WE ARE CHILDREN OF FIRE

Today, I saw the Upper Room experience in a different light. The disciples had received an instruction: wait. So they waited. They gathered ...