Not just in the important decisions, but also in the ones that seem insignificant. What guides you into your choices?
In moments of heated passions and arguments, when you think, “Oh, it’s just a conversation,” or “It’s just a movie,” or “It’s just a song,” or “It’s just clothing,” have you ever paused to seek the wisdom of God concerning that specific choice?
It’s so easy to call on the Lord when the sun becomes glaring, but what if the question moves from “Is this a sin?” to “Would He have me there?” Would He have me invest in this? Would He have me take this journey? Would He have me prepare this meal?
Romans 8:14
AMP: “For all who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God.”
NLT: “For all who are led by the Spirit of God are children of God.”
I would always prepare my meals for a month and stock them up in the fridge. But one Saturday, I thought about trying something different—perhaps cooking weekly instead.
I still ended up making an excess portion of soup and storing some in the fridge. Then came a power outage that lasted for three weeks.
Coming from a developing nation, power outages are a challenge we sometimes have to face. But the decision I made to change my cooking routine saved me from the losses I would have incurred if I had continued with my usual approach.
It reminded me of something: God wants to be involved in everything we do.
Even the thoughts that run through our minds—He wants their very depths to be rooted in Him, so that we do not build idols in our hearts out of people, places, desires, or preferences and then deny it simply because, to us, it didn’t feel wrong.
Subjecting every thought, conversation, and choice to the obedience of Christ is not merely a believer’s conduct; it is a lifestyle. It is a posture that declares the lordship of God over our lives.
The question is not always, “Is this wrong?”
Sometimes, the better question is, “Is this what God is leading me to do?”
Today, choose to make that choice.
Let Him lead you.
Stay Revived!
No comments:
Post a Comment